We are celebrating all the ways NAIPC supports people aging in place but what does that look like? We do have the gift of doing it with grace…
Instead, we want you to help us show the world what that looks like in our Community.
During the week of October 15th – 20th we ask that you reach out to a senior or senior group, or a part of our community to highlight & celebrate Aging in Place in Charleston. Be creative! There are not rules or limits (just like aging)!
We love to age everywhere so let’s celebrate it everywhere!
Here are some ideas that other members have planned:
- Host an ice cream social at a senior community location
- Drive a senior by volunteering with Senior Ride Charleston
- Deliver a, much looked forward to, meal to a senior (East Cooper Meals on Wheels, Charleston Area Senior Center, Summerville Meals on Wheels, etc.)
- Make a friendly visit with a senior acquaintance or housebound senior
- Or celebrate your own clients in some way (maybe take each one a simple flower and say Thank You!)
NAIPC Charleston has chosen to celebrate Aging in Place Week by hosting a reception with our new friends at the Charleston County Housing Authorities newest Affordable Senior housing Development, Williams Terrace on October 18th from 4:30pm – 7pm. Williams Terrace is a beautiful building at 22 Laurens street in downtown Charleston. We are partying on the rooftop to shout the good news about Aging in Place in Charleston.
We are all about the Love: Twittering-Facebooking-Instagraming-Reddit-Snaps or moving pictures to share at #AgeInPlaceWeek and #NAIPCChas. Let’s all share what we are doing by posting pics and hashtags.
Also, why like us, when you can love us? Twitter @NAIPCChas; Facebook www.facebook.com/NAIPCGreaterCharleston
LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8225328 Instagram (just use these hashtags on everything you post) #AgeInPlaceWeek #NAPICChas
You can also add these if you are feeling frisky #NAIPCGreaterCharleston #AgingIsGreat #CelebrateAging
Yours in gracefully aging,
Elizabeth McDermott, Chair of Aging in Place Week