Program Title: How to Hire Help in the Home
Location: Ispiri Community Center at Avow, 1095 Whippoorwill Lane, Naples
Presented by the National Aging in Place Council, SWFL Chapter
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
10am to 12pm
FREE, reservations will be requested and will come to email@example.com or 239-430-3184
Many older adults are determined to age in place at home despite increasing physical and cognitive challenges related to normal aging. Join the NAIPC to learn practical tips that will guide your long-term aging-in-place plan and support your continued independence.
During this conversational panel discussion attendees will learn:
- Critical considerations related to resale value and practicality when choosing to modify versus move.
- How to vet and interview potential service providers.
- General safety and privacy practices when inviting 'strangers' into your home.
- Key elements of a contract or service agreement.
- Common insurance scams and liability pitfalls.
- Differences between registry and agency hired personal caregivers.