When will we embrace the wishes of individuals desiring to die wherever home is to them, and to have someone willing to discuss the topic of death?
Consider the holistic aspects of hospice that allow families and patients access to services that are never initiated because of time barriers?
How much research is needed before we change behavior in favor of granting patients earlier access to services that provide them with an interdisciplinary team trained to meet their complex needs?
AmityCare Hospice is prepared to meet the individual needs of patients and desires to optimize hospice service delivery through appropriate and early referrals.
Here’s what you can expect from our nondenominational, interdisciplinary hospice team of RNs, LPNs, Chaplains, CNAs, LMSWs, Volunteers and medical director, Dr. Lee Wilkes.
- We manage the patient’s pain and symptoms
- We assist the patient with the emotional, psychosocial and spiritual aspects of dying
- We provide needed drugs, medical supplies, and equipment
- We instruct the family on how to care for the patient
- We deliver special services like speech and physical therapy when needed
- We make short-term inpatient care available when pain or symptoms become too difficult to treat at home, or the caregiver needs respite
- We provide bereavement care and counseling to surviving family and friends through support groups* and courses in various locations. *Call for locations
And- with a goal of strengthening relationships through education we started an education program in 2015.
THIS PROGRAM ENHANCES EDUCATION BY OFFERING THE FOLLOWING FREE IN-SERVICES WITHIN OUR MULTI-COUNTY METRO-ATLANTA SERVICE AREA:
1 - Addressing Spiritual Needs of Patients (1 CEU Credit for RN,SW,CM)
2 - Urinary Tract Infection Awareness
3 - Alzheimer’s Disease - Unraveling the Mystery/Alzheimer’s Association
4 - Mental Health Needs of Family Caregivers
5 - Access to Hospice for Dialysis Patients
6 - Self-Care for Helping Professionals
7 - Palliative Care & Hospice Explained
8 - Fall Risk Prevention
9 - A More Empathetic You
10-Making Your Healthcare Wishes Known
11- Anticipatory Grief and Bereavement
For further information or to schedule an in-service, please contact:
Melissa Heustess, LMSW
Education Program Manager
Register for upcoming events:
(F) (770) 818 - 5428