NAVIGATE NC is an advocacy company whose services help families to meet the challenges that normally come with aging parents or with chronic disease. Services include care management and advocacy with respect to healthcare, housing or legal issues including:
- Serving as transition specialists from hospital to rehab to home or facility.
- Accompaniment to medical appointments and providing a written summary to the client and family, many of whom live outside of the local area.
- Introducing technology to enhance communication, safety and care.
- Leading discussion, planning and implementation of plans.
- Provide referral to local resource partners: legal, financial, home modification or repair, therapists, home health, facilities, senior movers and more.
- Assist with education regarding a diagnosis, a new medication or treatment.
- We assist with whatever “IT” is, and how it affects your family.
- We work in direct service to the client and their family, and not for The System.
A complex healthcare system, an increasing elderly population and the difficulty of long distance caregiving are producing tremendous challenges, ones that NAVIGATE NC can remedy. A big part of NAVIGATE NC’s focus is with adult children of aging parents who live outside the area; they need a trusted set of eyes and ears locally who understands seniors’ issues and can work on their behalf. NAVIGATE NC Advocates have earned the moniker of a ‘Professional Relative’.
To learn more about NAVIGATE NC connect with them on the website at www.navigatenc.com, and on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Owner Nancy Ruffner speaks regionally to groups on topics involving aging, chronic disease, planning and navigating within healthcare situations. She has designed and teaches coursework within the gerontology curriculum at a local community college that ushers talented people into the senior care industry. Nancy enjoys provoking thought and guiding folks to create and implement a plan of action. Her antennae are always up with respect to advocacy for your family, education and awareness, and the chance to provide real solutions.
Nancy’s passion in business and in personal life has always been the work with populations who may be marginalized, those who may not have a strong voice. Assisting her own parents to navigate the challenges that came with aging unveiled to her the gaping business and societal need. Nancy founded NAVIGATE NC in 2013.
(F) (919) 400 - 4226