New Member Information
The Baltimore Chapter of the National Aging in Place Council is a group of professionals dedicated to providing information and resources to seniors that want to age in place.
If you are a service provider to seniors in your area, then membership in NAIPC is the right tool for you to both grow your business and better service the
Aging in Place population in your community.
Membership Benefits Include:
Listing on National Website
Listing on Baltimore Resource Guide
Participation in local events
Participation in Referral program
Ability to purchase ad space in Yearly
Baltimore resource guide
Participate in Senior ExpoBooth
Attend monthly meetings
Presentation at a monthly meeting
Network with other members
Our Professionals Include:
Medical Alert Products
Geriatric Care Manager
In Home Medical Care
Adult Day Care
House Call Veterinarian
Hospice/ Home Skilled Care
Handy Man Services
Individual - $135—Individual membership is for employees of companies or service providers who are looking to distinguish themselves as a member of the nation-wide Aging in Place professional community. Annual membership includes access to members-only industry communications, NAIPC member's logo use, member rates at upcoming national events, as well as a website on naipc.org.
Corporate - $375—This is rate is designed specifically for employees of mid-size to large companies who wish to share the benefit of NAIPC membership across your companies colleagues. A corporate membership provides membership to three individual employees of your company for a discount rate of $375. All corporate members receive the same benefits as individual members, including one listing per person.
Public/Non-Profit - $65—If your organization is a counseling, support, academic, public, or any other not-for-profit agency, then NAIPC's Public/Non-Profit membership is right for you. All public/nonprofit members receive the same benefits as individual members.
*There is also a $50.00 Baltimore Chapter Supplemental Fee per Membership*
To contact us about membership, please see a NAIPC member or email
Amanda Clinton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baltimore Chapter New Member Information
National Aging in Place Council
CODE OF CONDUCT
Members of the National Aging in Place Council are mindful that the future success of businesses that provide senior services and services related to aging in place depends upon the honor and integrity of all persons engaged in the business. To this end, the National Aging in Place Council has drafted this Code of Conduct.
Each member of this council agrees to observe and maintain the following standards of conduct in dealing with the senior community and their families.
- Every member is committed to treating all clients, their families, and friends with respect and dignity.
- Every member is committed to conduct oneself with the utmost honesty and integrity in his or her community.
- Every member will take appropriate measures to maintain competence in one’s profession.
- Every member will protect a client’s privacy and confidentiality.
- Every member promises that any product sold will be consistent with the needs of the client.
- If alternative options are available, a member will present all available options it offers that fit the needs of the consumer, as articulated by that consumer.
- Every member will only suggest a third party company he or she knows and trusts.
- Every member will take responsibility to report any suspected abuse or violations of the Code of Conduct of NAIPC members to the National Aging in Place Council.
- Every member will make a good-faith effort to resolve concerns received from individuals regarding any service or product.
- Every member will encourage clients to talk to family or other trusted advisors before deciding on purchasing a product or service.
|Cost Of Membership:
||In order to be a member in Good Standing, you must:
||Being a Corporate Member allows up to 3 employees to participate and attend meetings. Each employee must pay the additional chapter dues. Each Corporate member must have at least one employee be a member in Good Standing, but may have more. Only members in Good Standing will be eligible to receive referrals and participate in Baltimore Chapter events.
|1. Attend 50% of monthly meetings
||2. Follow Code of Conduct
||Each member will be evaluated on a semi yearly basis by the advisory board. A member that is not in good standing will not be referred clients until they have regained good standing status.